Sunday, September 21, 2008

An Afternoon at the Hospital

At Macie's two week appointment, Dr. Frishnechkt discovered that Macie has a heart murmer and also that her heart is skipping beats. The next day he sent us to the hospital for an EKG and a chest x-ray. It was nerve racking for me to see her hooked up to so many wires, but she slept through the whole thing. We have an appointment to see a pediatric cardiologist from Primary Children's Hospital on September 23rd, but Dr. Frishnechkt thinks that she'll be just fine. Most heart murmers correct themselves, and her x-ray showed that her heart is not enlarged, a common reason for the heart skipping beats. Regardless, we'll feel much better once she has been checked out and okayed by Dr. Pinto.

13 comments:

Amberly said...

That IS nerve racking! I hope all goes well and you can rest easy. Thanks for letting me hold Macie yesterday, it made my day! She is so precious!

Ralaina said...

I will keep little Macie in my prayers. She is just so adorable. I'm sure everything will be fine! I spelled Amberly's name wrong below but I got your blog address from hers I hope you don't mind :)

Cass said...

So scary! We hope everything goes well! Macie is such a sweet baby! We were watching her at church while Gary was holding her - she's so precious! (Why do they all have to grow so fast!?!)

Cute blog!!!

Lisa said...

She is so precious. I know how scary the whole heart murmur thing, especially with a new born. Will has one too, but he is fine. Luckily 98% of murmur's are ok. It's good to have a doctor, like Frischknecht, to follow up on things and make sure they are ok. You are so lucky to have such adorbale little girls! Good luck with your appointment. Keep us posted!

Rhiannon said...

Thinking about you and praying all goes well. I'll keep an eye out for the outcome.

You know you have 4 beautiful girls!

Greg and Wendy said...

It was so great to talk to you tonight! And hurray for your good friend who set up your blog! Oh, little Macie is so beautiful...and how blessed we are to have Primary Children's so accessible! It is such a marveous facility with top-notch doctors! We'll keep Macie in our prayers. What a beautiful little family you and Chris have. It is wonderful to be able to stay in contact with you and watch your little family grow up!
Love you!
Aunt Wendy and Uncle Greg

The Florida Roses said...

Hey Erika!!! First congratulations on new little Macie! How fun, she is adorable and I love the name. We will keep her in our prayers. It's fun to see pictures of you and your cute family! I'm glad we finally got to meet you this past summer, I wish we lived closer so we could have more of those times! Love ya!
Sara

Jocelyn said...

Erika! How did I not even know you were pregnant?!
Macie is beautiful.
My own heart skipped a beat when I saw that picture of her -- i just know those feelings so distinctly. I will assure you, though, that the cardiologists at Primary are so thoughtful and so sharp. Macie is in excellent hands.
Please keep us updated on her appointments!

Your family is so sweet and beautiful -- I'll be stalking your blog on Google Reader now! Love you!

Lori Wilson said...

Erika- I LOVE that we can keep in touch through blogging! I was thrilled when Mom told me you had started one. Your family is so beautiful. I can't believe how much your girls are growing and changing. Absolutely gorgeous, just like their mother.

Hope all the tests on Macie go well. We'll be praying for you. Give Chris a 'hey' and 'happy bday' from us! The big 40 is really lurking just around the corner isn't it? Brad turned 38 this year and I had exactly the same thoughts that you did about youth vs. gray hairs! I remember when my parents were 38 -- they were ANCIENT. My, how times have changed! :)

Cindy said...

Hi Erika!! I am so happy that you started a blog, it seems to be the only way I can keep in touch with people. It was so great to see you this summer even though it was just for a short time! I love you guys so much and wish that we lived closer. Your girls are all so beautiful and Macie fits right in with the others. I hope you find everything well with her, she's in our prayers. Love you tons!

bows and more said...

Well hello long lost neighbor and friend! I found you! How are you? Congratulations on another beautiful Stover girl! I guess you had to go and do the opposite of us! I love her name she is a doll! Hope everything goes well with her! I am adding you to my favorites! You better keep in touch darn it! We miss you guys! Tell Chris and the girls hello! I can't believe how grown up they are! And oh so darn cute! I guess Macie had to follow in her sisters foot steps and have her Birthday smack dab in the middle of all your B-days! So fun! Love you, and think of you often! Love, Kelsi

Christi said...

Hey Stovers! Kelsi led me to your blog. I will keep Macie in my thoughts and prayers. I'm anxious for an update after you saw the specialist. Let's keep in touch through the blogs! Love- Christi

Lyndi Dunlavy said...

Wow!! It is so great to see your family. Kelsi told me that she found your blog and I was thrilled! I can't believe you had another baby! My family has changed so much too. Check out our family blog and I would love to keep in touch!! Love Lyndi
dunlavyfamily.blogspot.com