Weighing in at 7 pounds, 5 ounces and measuring 18 1/2 inches, Macie Christa joined our family on Friday, August 15th at 5:06 pm. Because of my gestational diabetes, I was induced five days early, but Macie was ready to come because I was already having contractions when I arrived at the hospital. Labor was only six hours long, and that was after I was taken off of the 'pit' because her heart rate showed signs of distress. And with the help of an epidural (love them!), the experience was amazing, especially knowing she is our last. I sobbed when Dr. Frishnechkt put her on my chest right after she was born.
A carbon copy of her three older sisters, Macie has dark brown hair and blue eyes (that will most likely turn brown or hazel). She is absolutely gorgeous and has the sweetest temperment! She rarely cries, just fusses when she is hungry or has a messy diaper, and only wakes up one to two times a night for her feedings. Grandma Susan knew we needed a calm spirit in our home, so she sent us an angel.

The girls wanted to feel their sister in my stomach one last time before I went to the hospital. I also tried to relish every movement knowing it was the last time I would be pregnant.

This picture was taken just a couple of minutes after Macie was born. Her eyes are shiny because the nurse had just put ointment on them.

Averi couldn't wait to arrive at the hospital so she could hold her new sister. Averi has a very nurturing personality, and loves holding, feeding, and even changing Macie. She is an amazing big sister, but I already knew that from how great she is with Brinley and Danli.

You can tell from their big grins that Brinley and Danli were also very excited about the arrival of Macie. It was a fight for who got to hold her first, and they still fight about her. What love!

10 comments:
Yeah! Welcome to the world of blogging! Macie is a beautiful addition to her beautiful mommy & sisters! We are all so glad she is hear safe & sound!
I am so excited that you figured out the journaling part! Your girls are all so sweet and Macie is so adorable!
I'm so glad I could finally get a peek at that cute little girl!! I'm so excited that you are blogging. It is so much fun, easier than you probably thought and highly addictive!! Your blog is so cute!
Congrats on number four! I can honestly say I'm envious.
Maybe your 4 girls will just have to hook up with the 4 Rhodes boys. God always seems to have a plan.
Fun so see you!
Hi old friend! I ran into Kim Bellston the other day and she just emailed your blog address to me. Its great to see your family, its been too long! The girls are gorgeous! Congrats on the new addition! I think you'll love the blogging world, its a wonderful way to stay in touch.
She looks like another beautiful little stover, Hopefully I will get to come home and see her sometime in the near future. Looks like the rest of the girls are growing up as well. I was going to come up when the house sold but, I probably won't be up untill christmas now. Ya never know, I hope everything else in life is treating you guys well.
Have a great day, I love all of you
John p.s. hug all of the girls for me.
Congratulations - your girls are the cutest!
It is really fun to see pictures of your girls. Macie is darling! Congratulations!!
What beautiful girls!! I hope you don't mind I jumped on your blog through Amberlee's after we discovered we both had blogs. It will be so much fun to keep better in touch with you instead of just in passing :)
I LOVE all of these pictures! I am so happy to be in touch with you more! I love you a ton!!!!!!
Aunt Wendy
Post a Comment